Lakota East Class of 2017
Logan Combs graduated this past May and was on the men’s soccer team for all 4 years of high school. Last week he graduated from Navy boot camp after 9 weeks of basic training. Here is what he achieved during boot camp training:
- Graduated as an Honor Graduate, scoring in the top 5% of his class of 673 Sailors. This is based on a compilation of Physical Fitness testing, Academic testing, Personal Inspection tests and Character & Integrity scores as given by direct commanders.
- Was 1 of 7 Sailors awarded a promotion to E-2 by direct commanders based upon overall boot camp performance.
- Was awarded a 2nd promotion to E-3 by Oceana Naval Base “A” School Training based upon overall boot camp performance.
- Scored 3rd highest in Academics out of his combined division of over 200 Sailors.
- Qualified to compete in 4 physical fitness categories in the Captains Cup competition. Won 1st place in the push-up competition (143 push-ups in 3 minutes)
Lakota East is now well represented in the Navy. Logan is proof that there IS hope to succeed if you find a passion and are willing to put in the hard work!
Congratulations to Logan and his family!
Thunderhawk Proud of You!